Friday, January 29, 2010

One more...

Still using graphite and colored pencils. This method is easier for me. Then Suzi adds paints to it also but I didn't add paint to this one. But she does look fairly young, maybe 13. I want 10!!! It's just another look. Both are a good method, Suzi's and Misty's. Suzi's is easier for me at this point but I am going to work on Misty's techniques.

This is a journal page with magazine clippings and a girl I painted and collaged her on. ( I think she felt she wasn't perfect so she decided to go and get lip collagen injections.) Either that or I am subliminally painting myself with my own mysteriously puffy lips from some mysterious unknown allergen or----whatever! Actually I am much better now since I have taken the gluten out of my diet. But that is another story....

This journal page was actually a fun and serendipitous time of collagilating. She looks as if she has a scarf on which was totally unplanned and ---I do love a scarf. I painted this girl following Suzi instruction. Am I getting dizzy doing both classes??--yes, just a bit.

7 comments:

Sandi said...

I love the collage, and you are getting some great younger faces there. Hugs

jgr said...

Hi Martha,
Your portraits are looking great!! I love the collage, too. It's good to be back in blogland!

Mary said...

Oh just look at that gorgeous spread!! I love all that is going on, and all that lovely color!!!

And I like full lips!!! All three of my kids have wonderful full lips!! Mine are thinning a bit. Why do the things that I don't want to thin do with age, and the things I want to thin get fuller!!!!! :)

And whats with the ear and nose thing, especially with men - the continued growth of them with age. Is it a compensation of our senses fading as we age???? And the random hair that shows up!! I have lots of questions for God!! lol I just painted a really pretty picture didn't I!!! :) :)

Have a great day Marthy!!!

Diane said...

Yes, I LOVE her, and all the text--the scarf-everything!! I'm starting Sharon Tomlinson's class next week (more faces) I'm obsessed :) I'll be curious to see how she teaches this. I've been doing Suzi faces so much--I wonder if it will be harder for me.

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Beautiful girls - I've been away for a while and missed seeing them. Yes, you really did capture youth!

We are working on self portraits at school right now (6 to 12 year olds). I took close-ups photos of their faces, then printed them out full page size. Now I am showing them how to measure proportions, draw eyes, shade noses. Amazing how so many of their drawings actually look like themselves. But oh, just think what they could do if you were their teacher!!!

Createology said...

Your art is so beautiful. I love that you keep tying even when it looks so perfect already. Keep creating...

Brigitte aka Scrappassie said...

I enjoyed browsing your blog, your art is just fantastic ! I am in Suzi's Petite Dolls class, but I really really want to do the Goddess class too, I love it !

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin