Sunday, December 20, 2009

She is Thinking about the REASON


And what a wonderful REASON it is! I enjoyed doing this more festive page. The window in the background is one of my new stamps that I love. I have had my grand niece, Jane Lowry,5, and nephews , Zachry,9, and Malcolm,7, here this weekend from Peachtree City, GA, and I gave them all one of the covered composition notebooks with their names on it along with some Crayola markers and told them to start journaling! Jane Lowry, caught on immediatedly and she watched me do this page. She even suggested that I put dots on the presents and swirls in the tree. Her journal was getting quite full when she left and it was so adorable. A fun time was had by all! Can't wait until baby Marc can do art!

11 comments:

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Your page is great. I love how you worked that new window stamp in. But I'm disappointed that you didn't get some pics of Jane Lowry's pages. Sounds so sweet.

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Martha! All of your girls have such sweet faces. I love them. Beautiful journal pages. The dots and swirls suggested by little Jane work perfectly. A budding artist for sure, and it's so special that she has you to look up to!...I bet baby Marc will have lots of talent too...it's in the genes! ;) xoxo

Nicola said...

Lovely page!!! I really like that tree the swirls add that extra something!!! Nice work!

Sandi said...

stunning journal page, love the window. Hugs

jgr said...

Hi Martha,
Great journal page and it sounds like a FUN weekend, especially with the budding artist. DH has family in Peachtree City, we've been there many times.

Mary said...

Lovely page! Jane's suggestion to add swirls and dots was perfect!
I bet she was fun to watch create.

I had a friend and her son over during the summer to do some art. Her son had to write about his favorite thing he did over the summer break. He said, "doing art at Miss Mary's." He really did a great job too!

I am heading over in a bit to watch Sean for the day! :)

Julie Bagamary said...

What a great gift. What a great AUNT!

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

She is so festive and Christmassy! Love the swirls!

Sue K said...

Lovin' your newest page. I need to start journaling more. I have several started and all are unfinished. Funny...I did those composition notebooks for each of my seven grands too!!! Put their names on them in CALLIGRAPHY and they turned out so nice. I covered them with neato paper and then collaged some other pics on them. I hope they like them! Off to do some shopping before our big snow storm hits tomorrow!!! UGH!

Fotf said...

Beautiful Martha, love it :)Merry Christmas

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Hi Martha! How exciting to be getting all of the children in your family into art journaling! I have introduced it to my students...! Enjoy your tuesday!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin