Saturday, November 8, 2008

"Tilty-headed Girls"--Getting ready to Emerge

I decided that I would do some backgrounds and get the "tilty-headed" girls ready. That's what my art buddy, Lori's, sweet husband, Walther, calls them. I am really going to try very hard to not let them look like any other tilty headed girls out there. The tilty-headed girl police is always watching. I think these will be angels anyway and I will probably add some sort of Scripture which makes them different right there. I do appreciate all the instruction I have had from books and online workshops. I am always trying to develop my own style make it mine but sometimes things will look similar.

With that in mind, here is an interesting quote to ponder:

"No one has ever looked at Matisse's paintings more carefully than I, and no one has looked at mine more carefully than he."
--Pablo Picasso

PS--Maybe I will tilt the head on the fourth canvas the other way---that will be different!

2 comments:

lori vliegen said...

yep, we love those tilty-headed girls!! :)
can't wait to see how these turn out! (p.s. thanks for the link sweet friend!).

Brenda said...

Woohoo, you are on a roll (or should I say tilt). How industrious are you! Love your backgrounds and can't wait to see what your tilty headed girls will be like - I know they will be fabulishous.

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin