Monday, November 3, 2008

RUTH-From the Old Testament


I've been doodling in my Bible in church again. Hopefully people are thinking how conscientious I am taking all these notes! I was listening-- and I actually listen better when I doodle.
This is Ruth in the field. She has her bag over shoulder as she is gathering the grain. I imagine that she is very beautiful and very young. Her husband has died and she and her mother in law, Naomi, have come back to Israel in the hope that Naomi's inheritance can be redeemed. Ruth was a Gentile and could have had light skin with light hair.
Boaz has seen her in the field and admired her---and she has seen Boaz. She is thinking about him here and remembering what Noami, her mother in law, has told her she must do. It is a beautiful Biblical story---one of my favorites. It has a very happy ending.

3 comments:

lori vliegen said...

the book of Ruth is one of my favorites, too! and...i LOVE your yellow poppies from yesterday! :)

Jo Wholohan said...

wonderful sketch martha, she is lovely xx

Martha Lever said...

Thank you!!!!!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin