Monday, November 10, 2008

ARTIST INSIDE YOU

In painting a face a day I do see that the faces are getting to look similar so I think I will try to change it up a bit---but this might be just how I paint them. I could do some children. Their eyes are bigger and wider and the faces are rounder. We'll see what happens.  I love painting these faces and putting in the quotes and Scripture. It's fun.  This one is all acrylic and no Shiva oils. There are some watercolor crayons for the shadows. Then the really fun part comes---spraying the varnish! It deepens the colors and adds a sheen.

And----- check out my sweet friend and art buddy, Lori's, blog. She has done something really sweeton her blog in honor of my birthday. What a precious friend she is. We have known each other since our beginning calligraphy days about 15 years or so.  We have traveled an art journey together that I wouldn't trade for anything else. Love ya, Lori.

3 comments:

lori vliegen said...

yep, we'll just keep rowing this boat (called "artistic journey") together! thanks, always, for your never-ending encouragement!

love, love, love this girl...she's my new favorite! :)

Martha Lever said...

Thanks Lori!!! XOX

Brenda said...

Wonderful, I just love your girls

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin