Sunday, November 9, 2008

DO NOT BE CONFORMED

This is one of the canvases I started yesterday. You can zoom in to see the Scripture. It is a good one---one of my favorites. In most of my paintings you will see a butterfly. Butterflies symbolize metamorphosis and in the original Greek language of the early Bible, the word for "transform"in this Scripture is the same as our English word for metamorphosis. I am not a Bible scholar but I do know this. That's why you will see butterflies in my paintings---for transformation. So---be transformed!

Hey.... it's my birthday...:) I have transformed into another year old.

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Happy birthday to you! Love your new painting, love your style. Love the way you are incorporating scripture.

Julie Bagamary said...

Happy Birthday. Your new painting is awesome especially with the scripture. I too create Scripture ispired art.

Martha Lever said...

Thank you both and thanks for the birthday wishes!

lori vliegen said...

woo hoo! happy birthday girlfriend! love your new girl...this is really a beautiful piece! :)

Kim Padden said...

Happy Birthday, Martha! I hope your day is full of love and joy.

sherry carrigan said...

Martha, I hope you had a wonderful birthday. Love all your new pics.

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin