Monday, September 15, 2008

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE

I have been so busy today getting my ducks in a row for our Chicago trip on Wednesday that I really didn't create any "masterpiece" (ha-ha) today. This is actually a collage of all my recent practice scraps. Remember, I am a scrap artist---or if you prefer "scrappy artist." For those you you who are first timers to my blog, I create great masterpieces on scraps of paper because at times I am very intimidated to create on my expensive canvases and paper. I know, that's crazy. But sometimes even my scraps are crap. "Scrap crap"-------I don know about you but I got a little chuckle out of that. I get my chuckles wherever I can.

But this is lettering that was done on scrap paper (it's nice paper---just scraps) and I scanned and collaged it in Photoshop. Not too bad---I do some of my freer lettering on scraps of torn paper. That's why I don't do diplomas or things where you only got one shot at it. That freaks me out. Hopefully tomorrow I can settle down for a while and create something before I leave on Wednesday.

No comments:

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin