Wednesday, September 24, 2008

NEVER ENOUGH SHOES

This one took me about 3 hours but I enjoyed every minute of it---I guess because you really can't mess up-- everything is fixable---and if worse comes to worse--GESSO!  I tried to do an encaustic overlay but I didn't like the way it dulled it out and added a film. Encaustic overlay is bees wax melted and brushed on which is a very ancient way of preserving art used back in the Greek and Roman era and even as far back as the Egyptians. I melted some in a tin with my dryer but I really didn't know what I was doing. I will read up on it because it does add a very neat dimensional overlay but I didn't think that was needed here. But boy did it smell good!  

1 comment:

lori vliegen said...

very cute...love her shade of lipstick! keep having fun!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin