Saturday, September 27, 2008

NEW TOYS!!


Have you heard of the saying, "He who dies with the most toys wins?"  Well, except for the dying part, (don't like that part) I could surely win that one. Here are some new toys I have been unpacking from my Chicago trip.  I went to Pearls and to Ulrich and had to send it all home because it wouldn't go in my suitcase.  This is only just the half of it.  I have paper and little calendars with great images and Golden paints and other stuff. But I already put those things away.  The paint brushes are Windsor Newton One Stroke brushes that I had been looking all over for; the Shive oil sticks are for painting faces (yeah, right,we'll see how that goes!)) and the Dymo label maker will keep me organized (yeah, right).  The Color book by Betty Edwards  will clear up all those color issues that I have, hopefully.  I am taking an online class from Paulette Insall and she highly recommends this book.  So today I will be organizing and hopefully will create something.  I really want to use the oil sticks as shown step by step in my new favorite book Taking Flight by Kelly Rae Roberts.  I wrote a review for her on Amazon.  As you see,  I am putting in hyperlinks just like Donna Downey and Claudine Hellmuth does.  I'm coming up in the blogger world!  Also, I sent in a piece to Donna Downey for a challenge request through her blogsite to do a piece with our circle punches and if she picks it then she will put it in her October newsletter. Oh. please pick me!  That would be great exposure Anyway, I will post it after the results.  I thought it was cute anyway!

2 comments:

lori vliegen said...

you're going to laugh...i also bought the shiva oil sticks at the quilt show today!! you can use them on fabric, too. can't wait to try them out...maybe we should pick a day and see if we can make a mess together! :)

Martha Lever said...

Yes, let's do it!!!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin