Sunday, September 28, 2008

"FRIENDS"--8x8 on Poplar Wood

I have always wanted to do a progression of a piece. So here is the first scan. I really could have scanned much earlier in the collage process but I really didn't think of it until now.  This is a piece that will say, "Friendship is a flower that blooms in all seasons."  I think that it is coming along pretty good so far. Just to figure out where and how big to put the heads was a challenge. Thank goodness for tracing paper. If it works it will be a sweet piece---but that's a big IF. I really should do the quote in my calligraphic lettering---after all I AM a calligrapher---remember??!  Sometimes I forget too. But as for the lettering-we will see.  Tomorrow I will post the final---that is if it isn't too bad. 

Ok---even if it's bad I will post it.  I learn by my mistakes.   That is, if I am still conscious after I have beaten myself to a pulp.

1 comment:

lori vliegen said...

can't wait to see the final artwork...it looks like it's going to be great!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin