Friday, September 26, 2008

DRAWING FACES--THEN AND NOW




The one thing that I have always wanted to do is draw faces. As a child I drew and drew and never never liked any of them.  I even beat myself up way back then!  So 48 years later I have decided to give it a try. I think I was about 7 or 8 when I drew that first picture and I think it was a self portrait. I remember hating it---but Mama saved it so here it is. I have other things also that maybe one day I might post. They are very funny.  I always wanted to be an artist---always.  The second picture was drawn  looking at a picture of a little girl who was probably about 5 and when I drew her she aged about 10 years. I tried to keep her young but as I fiddled with her she just kept aging. So I just decided to put some lipstick on her.  I will work on it more---her eyes might be a bit big and mouth isn't quite right but anyway---I'll keep trying.





3 comments:

lori vliegen said...

then and now...love it! i think you did a fantastic job drawing that face at age 7! you were an artist even back then! keep drawing those faces...

Gifts of Creation said...

Martha,
I am interested in looking at what classes you teach...I draw portraits so maybe we could exchange some techniques!!
Magdalene

Martha Lever said...

Hi Magdalene,
Love your portraits! Yes, we will exchange techniques. You could help me!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin