Thursday, October 4, 2012

Step on into the painting room...


First of all I wanted you to see the poster above the picture. A friend of mine from NC sent it to me. Unfortunately for Martha she did not win. So now if you would step on into the painting room...


I haven't painted in quite a while so I am way behind on my 120 oil paintings I was suppose to be painting. So you see it's a pitiful little still life over there but it's been sitting there for several days and the lemons were drying all up but the red pear was still nice so I was determined to paint it. I had some green grapes in there too but they didn't survive because they looked so yummy I ate them right off of the still life.  Too bad because I think the little painting really needed them. So, ok, now back up 8 ft. and you can look at the painting. (Remember, you should never view an impressionist painting closer than 8 ft. --Richard Schmid)

I am really looking forward to my upcoming workshop nest week with Dreama Tolle Perry.  Just look at her fabulous paintings and you will see why I am excited. Time to lighten up!

4 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

Lovely still life, Martha, even if you did eat the grapes that would have been a great addition to it.

Thanks so much for the link to Dreama's art. I've subscribed to her newsletter and her blog.

xoxo

Lisa Graham said...

I did not know you were running for congress!!! :)

I love seeing your work space Martha! That is such a pretty sea mist color on your walls and you have such a lovely view of nature outside your window. Can I come over to your house and paint with you?

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

I love your room so bright and cheerful!! Your painting is lovely:)

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh I'm so excited for you. I would LOVE to take from Dreama. Cant wait to see you pictures, do you all paint the same thing?

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin