Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Red Door Art Studio Tour


Thanks for visiting my studio. I have such fun there.
Here is the link for Sharon and Jenn.

And Sharon is so right in her comment she left---I really don't work here I play here!! It is the little playhouse I never had as a child. This bungalow is just around the corner from where I live so sometimes Bucky and I walk over.  I love my neighbors here also---it's just a cozy little street with bungalows all around. This is a very quaint little area of Jacksonville in this Riverside area of town. And just a bit more information---when my mother died 8 years ago I kept that house where I grew up in West Point, Georgia. It was a very large house and I tried to keep it up and visit there. But as time went by, the cost involved grew and GREW and it just didn't seem to be the best way to spend all that money so I sold the house to my nephew, David. He is a builder so he has fixed it up and it is still in the family--- and so beautiful. So with that money, a bought this bungalow. I still miss the house in Georgia--- so much (many wonderful memories there--tears are stinging my eyes) but when I come into the Red Door it makes it all better. You can take the girl out of Georgia but you can't take Georgia out of the girl! Georgia is always on my mind.

10 comments:

Jane Farr said...

What an inviting and inspirational space you have created at the Red Door Art Studio! Thank you so much for sharing it with us Martha. :-) I'm in love....

lori vliegen said...

it truly is a magical playhouse! :)

Sharon Tomlinson said...

oMgoodness, you kept saying "where I work" and I kept correcting you to, "where you play".
You are blessed to have a whole little bungalow just for your "work". Thank you for sharing. You should be in one of the "studio" magazines.

Anonymous said...

Oh Martha! Your studio is just wonderful. I can see how you would get inspired while spending time in there. Is the bungalow on your property?? Or do you have to travel to get there? I'm in love too.........

Teresa aka Tess said...

Oh my gosh, What a wonderful place to work and play and dream and dream and dream. I still love that chair with the calligraphy. Thank you for sharing your space with us.

Brenda Heisler said...

Wonderful. Just wonderful. You are so blessed to have all that space, windows and storage. It's just perfect. It's a great area for you to create all your wonderful artwork. I enjoyed the tour so much.

Julie Bagamary said...

I like the quilt McCauley made.
Thanks for the tour or your studio.

Debbie said...

What a great place to go whenever you want to create! Love it!

julie king said...

i so enjoyed seeing your studio, martha! it is warm and inviting and i can see why you are able to create beautiful things there!

noodle and lou said...

I am jumping up and down for you right now Martha!! OOOOH that space!! A whole bungalow just for your art...AMAZING!!! It is the cutest house...but then you know how much I adore Riverside:):)
Say hello to my sweet little Cherry St. and I can't wait to see you in person one day!!

xoxo...jenn

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin