Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Lookey Lookey!! Yee--ha!!!

I am so excited. I just got my new scanner from B&H Photo today. I don't have a good scanner at all and found myself futzing so much in Photoshop to make it better ---- so for my husband's birthday I got a scanner!  Did you get that?  My sweet hubby gave it to me for his birthday.

 This weekend we were up in Greenville, SC, with our daughter and her husband and she gave me her old sewing machine---which is not so old. She now uses a Bernina because she is a quilter. She gave me a good lesson in the straight stitch which is  all I will do for now. I do not sew at all---I can pretty much sew a button but that is about all. I hope that I will not get into any binds and not be able to get myself out of them. It does get "boogered up" sometimes as my daughter says and as we were sewing I understand why I never wanted to learn to sew. It does get knotted and tangled up sometimes.  BUT I am determined to incorporate some sewing into my mixed media portrait etc pieces. We'll see!

8 comments:

sherry carrigan said...

Good for you Martha on the scanner and sewing machine. If you have problems, just ask. There are a lot of us that sew and piddle in mixed media.

Julie Bagamary said...

Martha with a sewing machine...sounds like fun.

THE BROWN BOYS said...

sounds like fun - that hubby sounds like a keeper!

lori vliegen said...

that chauncey always gives the best birthday gifts...especially on HIS birthday!! hee hee
have fun with your new sewing machine! :)

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Martha - I'm a quilter too. I f you need any help just ask!

Teresa aka Tess said...

Wowwee, cool, awesome. What a sweetie pie you have. NEw things coming soon from MArtha!!! :-)

Fannie said...

Congrats on the new scanner, Martha!

Autumn Rose Crafts said...

Have fun with the new toys, cant wait to see what you create :) sarah

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin