Friday, November 18, 2011

Alpha-doodlin'





 This is one of the most relaxing things for me to do. I love to alpha doodle in any journal that is close by. This one is a soft bound Moleskine. The paper is pretty good for markers and pens but doesn't take watercolor too well. When I alpha doodles I use lots of different styles including CalligraFun, Elvie Cursives (Lori) and Versadoodles. It's fun and I am always trying to find words to write. As you see, sometimes I get stuck on one word! I need to keep my list of words right next to me.

8 comments:

Linda said...

Martha, I like your work very much and it is an inspiration for me.
Greetings,
Linda

Claire M said...

Makes me want to get out my art supplies right away and PLAY. But.... I gotta go to work first...

jgr said...

Lovely as always and I also like your figures from yesterday--you always inspire me!

fran pascazio said...

Loving this.....it looks so very happy! Versadoodles could be another online class, maybe?

lori vliegen said...

your wonderful alpha-doodles look like a happy party that's going on inside your journal......let's celebrate playing with letterforms!! xoxox

Collene said...

I have a link to your blogspot on my Vanitycases.blogspot ... Love the way you create type and make words that much more important!

Art Expression said...

I wish I could do that....so beautiful =)

Anonymous said...

Wow, so pretty. What kind of markers do you use? I find my moleskine bleeds through any marker i try to use!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin