Friday, April 8, 2011

Pears, Grapes and some Flowers...

I love to paint pears and I have always thought pears were very hard to paint. So I decided to try the pears with my color drop method and they were surprisingly easy to paint. Pears have a bumpy irregular shape so the dropping in of the color helps accentuate the irregularities of the pear. The watercolor does the work for you. I did go back after it was dry and glaze in the deeper shadows of the pear. I did very lightly outline a couple of them but I decided that sometimes the outline might not add anything. These were actually three different pears that I combined together in Photoshop. The shadow on the pear on the  right isn't correct. That bothers me. Ok, now for the grapes. Pretty good but actually I am not sure if the black line helps or hinders. I'll try some more.
These are some color drop flowers with a script stamp in the background. Fun!

9 comments:

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Wonderful ...great color too.

Diane said...

You need to put these on a big canvas with this same technique--I love these!

fran pascazio said...

The pears are very realistic .... Love this technique!

Anonymous said...

I REALLY like your color drop paintings of the fruits and the flowers. Great job and fun looking technique!

Unknown said...

LOVE those pears so much!

Martina said...

So pretty! The pears came out really well. Now. where have i got my watercolors? Enjoy your weekend!

Donna Wynn (Yogiknitgirl) said...

Your pears are so inspiring . . . when I grow up as an artist . . . I want to paint as beautiful as you do! You are amazing and I love your posts!
happy creating Martha
Donna Wynn

ArtfulLee Designed said...

I could eat those pears, they are so beautifully coloured. Great technique.
Lee:)

Kathy McCreedy said...

Your artwork is really terrific!!! SO glad to have found your blog, I'll visit often!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin