Sunday, April 10, 2011

He has made...


It's a strange thing for me as a calligrapher. Every piece I paint I look to see if any words can go on it.
Sometimes it works with words and usually if the painting is fairly simple and there is room I will add a Scripture or quote. I am planning a mini class on these color drop flowers. I will have a video up on Monday about it. I really would like it to start May 15th but it will probably be more like June 1st. But don't hold me to that. Who knows what life is going to through at you! But, God willing...June 1st. Oh, and here is another girl that recently had surgery.

She really does look better although I need to fix the glaze in her eyes. Maybe she is just thinking about something really hard. All my girls seem to be pondering something. The Scripture on her right is about being transformed so I am sure she is thinking about that and how her life has been transformed---and is continuing to transform. I think that I might be done now with the surgeries. I think I have actually run out of time before the tour next weekend. This week I will be cleaning the studio. Maybe I can do a little video tour update so you see see my pretty flowers out front.

19 comments:

katie purcell said...

Praying a blessing over your studio and garden today. May those who visit see HIM in all the creating they see-both the flowers and His work through your art.
Wahoo on the teaching video!!!!
Can't wait to see it.
xxoo
Katie

Cynthia Schelzig said...

oooh beautiful tulips...this is great news about the drop technique class...I will sign up!
About the surgery...if I come for a visit could you work your "wonders" and perform a little of your surgery???:)

Mary said...

She is beautiful Martha, and since we can't be there in person yes please, a video tour would be lovely.

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

This post really touched me this morning. Thank you for this, Martha. Just beautiful: tulips and girl and words. Blessings to you. Love, kath

Maria D said...

Martha, I would lOVE to take your mini workshop. Keep me posted.
As always your work is great.

Lesley Edmonds said...

She does indeed look very thoughtful Martha, but also very lovely. I'm doing a course on faces at the moment and I'm finding it hard to find my own style haha! I'll get there.
Your tulips are really gorgeous! I love tulips.

Janie Husband said...

would love to see a video, martha..........beautiful flowers

Teresa aka Tess said...

It's amazing how different she looks. Beautiful before and after though. I like how full of light she second painting is.

Renee Troy said...

Your girls are always so beautiful to look at not to mention your wonderful calligraphy.
Looking forward to your video...

fran pascazio said...

Your tulips are beautiful...and the I hope you are able to do a video tour of your studio!

Sign me up for the color drop workshop -yippee!

good wishes....

Cheryl Gebhart said...

Martha - I just saw your you-tube video and I'm so excited that you're going to be teaching your color-drop flowers! I can't wait (well, yes I can wait, I'll have to, but I'm really looking forward to it!).

ArtfulLee Designed said...

She looks very dreamy Martha. I like the glaze in her eyes.
I add my vote for a video tour please
Lee:)

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Wow, she has had an amazing makeover. What a perfect finish including the extra lettering dressing up the background. Good luck with getting your on line course up and running, that has got to be a big job.

www.guccihandbagsoutlet.org said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie Bagamary said...

Beautiful...yes..words can be an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Another beauty! I love how your changing your art. Your so confident and making such beauty come even more into the forfront! Thank you for sharing your gifts of change!
lovexx!
Julie

Jancalligrapher said...

Love the calligraphy, Martha, keep doing it. You are Such a wonderful lettering artist.

Jancalligrapher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kefferlhed said...

Another beauty! I love how your changing your art. Your so confident and making such beauty come even more into the forfront! Thank you for sharing your gifts of change! lovexx! Julie

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin