Monday, April 18, 2011

The Home Tour

The Tour of Homes was so much fun! We had a total of about 1200 come through the Red Door Art Studio on Saturday and Sunday. The weather couldn't have been more perfect because it was calling for storms on Saturday but it was clear. 
I did make a video but I left my camera at home thinking I could edit the video on my laptop but I no firewire plug on my laptop. Maybe I can do that later. I wanted you to see the darling angel that I just couldn't live without for the front porch. She is fairly tall as you can see. And the pictures are a few of the ones I had framed for the Art house on the tour. These didn't sell but I did have one Poppy piece that sold. 
Now, my concentration will go to filming my Color Drop Flower class. If you don't see me with a blog update you will know where I am!


9 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Sounds like a really great tour turn out. I expect you will get some follow up commissions from the tour, often it's what comes after the event that opens more doors. Love how your pieces look all framed out, beautiful.

Nancy said...

What a great turnout for this event! And who wouldn't love to have a tall angel like this one on the porch?

Buffy said...

I'm glad the weather was good,and it sounds like alot of people. Your art looks beautiful framed,you must be happy that your poppies sold. Beautiful angel too.

Createology said...

I adore the curb appeal of your home. The angel is perfect on the porch. Great turn out for the tour and as people think about what they left behind they will be contacting you for art they wished they would have purchased but didn't. The framing really makes your art pop. Happy week to you...

Isabel said...

love the angel on the porch:O) Glad you had a great turn out:O)

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

How wonderful, Martha! I would have loved this too! You are so welcoming, and I love your angel. Your home is beautiful!

lori vliegen said...

congrats on a successful tour.....what super exposure for your gorgeous artwork! and your sweet angel is the perfect door greeter!! xox

jgr said...

Your home is lovely, and your art is even more beautiful in the frames. Congrats on your sale!

Jane Farr said...

Oooh...What a treat it would have been to tour the Red Door Studio!! Congratulations on a successful tour and the sale of your poppy piece. Was the wedding of your friend's daughter this month? Hope it was a beautiful celebration! (The invitation envelopes set the tone!) :)

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin