Friday, April 29, 2011

Hibiscus on my walk...



This beautiful Hibiscus flower was lying on the ground and he looked very forlorn so I decided to pick him up and take him home and paint him.  I used the Hydrus Magenta and some sap green and blues.
I was just about to paint the background sparkly blue with my new Twinkling H20s but the ink I used for outline wasn't water resist so I decided not to try it this time. Next time.
We are heading up to Greenville for a couple of days for Baby Marc's birthday. Can't believe he is already two.

I just had to see what it looked like with a blue background. Not bad.


13 comments:

Janie Husband said...

beautiful.....and happy birthday to your beautiful (handsome) grandbaby...... have a great day... ;)

Claire M said...

Very lovely!!

lori vliegen said...

your journal hibiscus don't look forlorn, they look gorgeous!! have a great trip.....give the birthday boy a hug from me!!

Anna Schüler said...

so beautiful!

Sonja said...

Love it, with or without the blue. I would love to learn how to paint like this.

Anonymous said...

Pretty...as always, darling Martha!

Ciao Bella



Creative Carmelina

jgr said...

Gorgeous!! Happy birthday to the cute one!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous Martha!

Lesley Edmonds said...

Oh Wow how the blue background really brings the hibiscus to life. Just lovely.

Enjoy your family time.

Lesley x

Kelly said...

Beautiful. And now you have preserved that flower for eternity! Enjoy the time with your precious Grandson.
Hugs and many blessings
Kelly

Artoholic said...

Calligraphy & hibiscus - two of my most favourite things!

Gorgeous images!

Cheers,

Cindy

ArtfulLee Designed said...

I love Hibiscus Martha. This one is lovely
Lee:)

Beckley said...

Love it, with or without the blue. I would love to learn how to paint like this.

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin