Thursday, April 14, 2011

I've been extremely busy!

I have been asked to put some art in the art house for the home tour which is a house on the tour that is for sale and no furniture in it. There will be several artists displaying art work. At first I was told that I could put 6 pieces in. But in the last few days I was told that I have the whole 3rd floor! Yikes! So I have been creating some "She Art Girls".  Christy Tomlinson has a great workshop and if you have ever wanted to create a background--she's the one! I have had such fun creating these girls. I since I don't have to paint the face the pressure is off and it's a background free for all! Here they are.




                                    She is 8x24 and there is collaged Scripture around the sides.
Just one more below. You saw her a few posts back and she had another background but she just didn't look right. Everything was too busy so I added a blue background and she stands out better now. You can't really see them but she does have wings I cut from transparent film. The Scripture is about remembering to be kind to strangers because they just might be angels. That might be cheesy that I did her wings that way but I did it anyway. Couldn't resist. I will try to take a video of the studio tomorrow if I can. Whew!!!!!

17 comments:

Nancy said...

What a great idea to have the empty home as an exhibit area. Surprise... the whole third floor is yours. Not a doubt that you'll fill it up beautifully.

Janie Husband said...

i love your "she art"...they are so sweet....

peggy aplSEEDS said...

what lovely paintings! i love the idea of the transparent wings. i guess that means i like cheesy.

Carin Winkelman said...

Those are some gorgeous girls!

Sonja said...

They are gorgeous. Realy cute She-art-girls.
Don't you just love Christy's class, she's so enjoying.

Buffy said...

How exciting that you get to display your art! Its gonna look beautiful. And yes you have been busy,I love all your she art girls,I can't pick a favorite,they're all adorable!

katie purcell said...

Praying for the tour.....I can only imagine the excitement in your heart. Film a you tube even if it's after it is all over.
love, love the new girls!!
Have fun.

Mary said...

oh wow, you have been busy...you did these new ones just this week??
Martha, they are fantastic!! I see a series of these, a big series, and cards from them as well. Love them!!

can you relax just a minute before the tour??

can't wait to hear all about it!

xxoo

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Busy is an understatement! Fab pieces and what a treat to actually flood the walls of a home with your art, I hope you take some pictures!

Becca said...

I love your "She Art" girls! I am taking the class too! I am still out of town, so I can't wait to get home and play! Happy Weekend. :-)

lori vliegen said...

these are adorable, martha.....absolutely adorable!! i think the third floor of that house is gonna be filled with art happiness!! have fun tomorrow! xox

Diane said...

Oh Martha--you are just flying high with these girls--I knew you would. Isn't her class just--so much Fun!! And wonderful that you can exhibit them all!

HeARTworks said...

All of them are fantastic! I just love how you put it all together! Patsy from
HeARTworks

DALowe Artist said...

These are amazing! I love the scripture and my favorite girl is the one that loves poppies! Oh I just love them!

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Martha,
Great work on the 'She' pieces!
Looks like a fabulous workshop.
Happy creating,
Hugs,
Anna

Erin Bassett said...

Gorgeous!! Love all you've done so far!

Patti G. said...

Martha,
Your she art girls are fffffffffabulous darling! LOVELY girls and backgrounds too!
Everything your create is dreamy, and I love them with faces, or without!
Hugs,Patti

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin