Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Drop in some color--on the paper!!


Have you ever had a day where you are just out of sorts...clumsy, feeling fat...and just kinda mad for no real reason? So, to make myself feel better I just wanted to drop in a little color into something and maybe write something in calligraphy so I sat down and dropped some india ink and Dr. Martins concentrated watercolor into these little flowers. My hand hit the little bottle of the magenta india ink and it "dropped in" all over my pants and sprayed my new Talbots shirt. Why do I paint with nice clothes on?! ARGGG!!! (#$##@%#--aka gosh dang it--and that's southern for... oh shoot!) Oh well, I felt fat in the pants anyway but the shirt had pink flowers on it and it splashed into the pink flowers and ...well on the bright side... it didn't even show! That was a miracle--really! So the moral of the story is...among any tragedy there is always a little miracle. The pants are a goner though.



11 comments:

Kelly Warren said...

love these flowers martha. and that quote.... i can't tell you how much paint and "stuff" i've gotten on my clothes. i keep telling myself if need to designate some workshop play clothes, but i tend to go down there for "just a minute", not changing, and the get lost...paint everywhere. here's to a colorful wardrobe!

margie Phillips said...

Martha,

Oh I hate days like that. But on the positive side those flowers and calligraphy are TERRIFIC. I am glad you share the good and the bad, reminds us all we are just human. By the way I love the fun earth calligraphy you posted on Calligr Fun page.

Pat said...

Sounds to me like you now have yourself some Official Painting Pants!! Act like you did it on purpose...
(laughing with you, not at you!)
Pat

Janie Husband said...

look at thr bright side...you have a beautiful piece of art....and like someone else mentioned, a pair of painting pants!!!!!

lori vliegen said...

no way no how could you EVER look fat.....in india ink stained pants, or otherwise! sorry for the bad day....but you got some super great flowers on paper......love it! :))))

Kate said...

Sorry about your pants, Martha, but I had a blah day just like yours today, and your blog entry made me smile. Thank you!

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Maybe you can sell this beautiful art and buy you some new pants!!! The colors you use are always so vivid and amazing Martha. Love it.

Mary said...

oh how did I miss these flowers!!
gorgeous I tell you!!

and look what that spill morphed into!!!

Jane Farr said...

Your flower piece is gorgeous! I'm sorry your pants had to take one for the Art du Jour team. :)

Beedeebabee said...

Now Martha, I've seen you in some pictures, and you are just about the farthest thing from fat!...your flowers are so charming, even if you did ruin your pants...but, I've already seen what you did, turning them into really cool art pants...so everything worked out just fine and dandy! (and...no more fat thoughts for you, Missy!) xo Paulette

Anonymous said...

Martha I have been there and done that! My Dear Hubby gets after me when I'm working in my new shirt or something....he's like, "wear your apron, silly!"

going to see how your pants turned out!
ciao bella
creative carmelina

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin