Friday, April 2, 2010

I had a notion...

Some days I just never know where the creative journey will take me. But I did have a notion that I wanted to write on fabric for some future books --or something. So I started with a scrap piece of fabric (this is duck cloth I think) that I was practicing some stitches on and I ended up with this. I am intrigued with the Spoonflower site where you can have your own customized fabric printed. Maybe that's where this will take me. I used my favorits markers--ZIGS! I could personalize these things and put a little girl's name with all sorts of adjectives to describe her. Maybe I will make one for my grand niece, Jane Lowry, and see how it turns out.

7 comments:

Julie Bagamary said...

This is great Martha and the personalized ones sound wonderful too. I'm glad to know the Zigs work on fabric. Are they colorfast too?

Createology said...

What a great idea to make your own personalized fabric. Your calligraphy is so beautiful and is excellent for your journals. Happy creating...

lori vliegen said...

your lettering sampler is fabulous!! and i KNOW that jane lowry would love to see her name written all pretty by her aunt martna!!! i've been thinking out the spoonflower thing lately, too.....how is it that we're always on the same wave-length?!! keep ridin' the wave!!! happy Easter to you and your family, dear sweet friend!!! xox, :))

Anonymous said...

These words are so beautifully created. Love to see these in your art mixed together, wow, what a way to go!

Hope you are having an amazing weekend!

Hugs!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Hi Martha, Your poor aching teeth and poor you! Does the implants take a year to settle? If so, ouch!
Count down to 6 months!

HUGS!

Julie

Beedeebabee said...

Gosh Martha, I just love this! xo Paulette

mzjohansen said...

I love this piece Martha! Fabulous. I also don;t think that I have mentioned how much I like your new, updated blog design!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin