Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Accidentental Journal

I had some scrap cardboard that was bugging me that it was hanging around. (Above image is the whole sheet.) So I just started adding some collage scrapbook paper (because I NEED to use this scrapbook paper!), paint, stamps, punchanella, toilet paper roll...etc. Then I really didn't like it so I cut it up into 4 pieces(two stuck together in the book press because it was still sticky unbeknownst to me--arggg!). But, still, I liked it a little better. Then I sewed around the edges...and I like it a little better still. Then I randomly started pulling put scrapbook paper and folding and cutting for signatures. Ok, so then I thought something might be happening here. Then I printed the "Today's Date" and the lines and started cutting those and pasting those in. I got together 5 signatures and started sewing. Then I added the scraps at the spine (which really weren't the right colors but hey, this was all by accident anyway, so who cares?? So about 6 hours later give and take a few---here is what emerged. But, would someone please come over and hide that bottle of Golden's Green Gold for me...please!!???



18 comments:

Janie Husband said...

FABULOUS!!!!! don't you just love when these accidents happen and you love them.....seems to make sense why we buy all the supplies that we do...eventually there is a need for them...and the green gold, i have a huge tub of it also...and i love it ...when you glaze with it, it makes everything glow....;)...

Mary said...

Holy moly!! Marthy, this is wonderful, wonderful I tell you!! :)
I love the red border, it's perfect with the other colors - and I will not hide the green-gold paint!! It is a great color and you use it so very well!!!!!

I would love one of these if you ever make more and want to sell them.

Hugs!!!

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Great journal and what's wrong with the green gold. I'm crazy for it.

Buffy said...

Ooooh girl this is Gorgeous,I love it,I love the red too,it makes it pop. I don't use my green gold too much but I think I might start using it.It blends so nicely with all the other colors.

Diane said...

Martha, you are awesome!!

Elizabeth said...

Fabulous MArtha!!! NO! I wont take away your Green Gold but I WILL get some for myself!!! Looks wonderful and from all of the other comments it seems to be a must have!!!!!
Way to stash bust!!!

Sandi said...

I love mistakes and this is a beautiful phoenix. Hugs

Teresa aka Tess said...

Happy accident!! I love it. The piece was gorgeous at the beginning before you cut it up too. But as a journal, Wow... Anyone would be proud to carry it around. I can just hear the comments from strangers in the coffeee shop: "Where did you get that gorgeous journal?" Well done me friend. And is sounded like this was a fun happy accident too...

Jennifer DeDonato said...

Oh my that is fantastic! I am so wishing I could make mistakes like yours. This really is wonderful!

Pat said...

How creative!

Poetic Artist said...

Don't you just love when this happens..It turned out truly wonderful. I know I love the green gold...I have two bottles of it..LOL.
Katelen

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh my gosh! I sooo love this :-) As usual..your work inspires me -Thank you!!

Marie aka Grams said...

It's beautiful, and time well spent. Great inside, too.

Anonymous said...

I want it!
that is such a terrific outline of what you 'went through' to create it....and i just love how you don't give up on yourself, which is something i do at times, but rather,,,,you plug away and get it done until it transforms into something that is tres cool....terrific, actually!

;I want it!

ciao bella

come by and enter my giveaway, if you haven't already..it's for a framed print of my watercolour Sarah!!!!!!

Carmelina

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

It's beautiful as always, Martha!

I'm a Golden Green Gold fan myself. I just used covered a journal page with it the other day.

Butterfly Works said...

Don't you just love it when it all "just happens"....georgeous journal....I've been away and in looking over your previous posts, you have been a busy girl....I love the pants you painted; actually all of your work....You
really inspire us...
Hugs and Blessings,
Nancy

Createology said...

What fun and fabulous art you have created. I like your Golden Green Gold. Happy creating...

Kate said...

What a fun day of play! I think it all looks great. It reminds me of what you said a couple of days ago -- sometimes things just flow and others . . . not so much. Very helpful words of wisdom.

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin