Saturday, April 24, 2010
Calligra-fun class supplies--FYI
The link to the supplies was broken so if anyone was interested in the supply list here it is!
1. Zig *Brushables Markers (my favorite!), Zig *Scroll and
Brush Markers. Zig also has *Writers in coordinating
colors (optional) that can be used for outlining and
2. Marvy Le Plume ll or Tombo Markers
Suggested colors for markers: green (Spring Green or
Kiwi) , blue, yellow, red or pink, and a light grey for
shadowing (Zig- Brushable --Platinum) There are LOTS
of colors available!
3. Faber Castele Black Pitt pens in small or fine—or another
small liner black pen you might have. Pigma is also good.
4. Laser paper (optional) for printing your lines. This type of
copy paper is a bit more slick and doesn’t use as much ink
from the pens while practicing---but regular copy paper
will also do.
5. Darker paper –any colors will do
6. Gel pens—any type (I use Jelly roll, glitter pens with the
star on it. Again—this is optional and use what you have.
7. Any and all types of paper will work—I like to use
watercolor paper and your journal paper is fine also.
8. White pens for dotting and embellishment. I like Uni-ball
Signo UM-153 White—or white gel pens, or small paint
SOURCES for SUPPLIES
1. Uni-ball White Signo
2. Zig Brushables
3. Zig Scroll and Brush
Gel pens, Faber Castele Pitt Pens as well as Pigma Black Pens can be found
at your local Michaels, Hobby Lobby and art supply store.
You can also get some of these supplies on eBay and you might just have
these in your art stash!
I do suggest using a new brush marker just so you can get a good crisp
stroke for your letterforms,
MAKE SURE YOU STORE THESE PENS IN A HORIZONTAL
POSITION SO AS NOT COMPROMISE ONE END OF YOUR PEN!