Friday, December 2, 2011

Wood Icing Flowers

This is a 5x7 on watercolor paper and acrylic. The texture is made with Wood Icing and a flower stencil. I really was very pleasantly surprised how the texture added so much interest. Maybe I will try this bigger.
All of these florals are painted first with just a messy all over background then the floral shape and vase is negatively painted. My brain is still trying to adjust to the negative painting because I have always painted positively. The trees are all done this way also.  It's a fun way to paint---when it works! Some of the time it doesn't.

6 comments:

Peggy said...

The texture adds amazing interest! Now I have to investigate negative painting... It's beautiful, Martha!

Janie Husband said...

oh, pretty......i like the texture...

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love what you've been doing with your painted pots, florals, and trees. I'd be thrilled if you'd offer a class on this, or even just a quickie tutorial. You really inspire me!
---Jody

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Oh my gosh!! This is GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE everything about it, the textures, the layers, the colors, your style. LOVE it. Ah! Kath

Jane said...

What a gorgeous multicolored bouquet!

tronaldte said...

I love love love this!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin