Monday, March 10, 2014

Pears and Pink

Here is a watercolor that I did several years ago. My daughter has it now and actually every time I see it on her wall I say to myself that I would like to try and paint that exact same thing in oils. This is an image of the watercolor that I took and the glass is reflecting some background things but I thought I would try it.  I decided to start from a black background and see what happened.  So---here is what happened.


It'a pretty close. I made the vase a little bigger and when the oil paint dries I am thinking about putting a little texture with punchanella and script stamp.  Who who says you can grunge up 
an oil painting!?



1 comment:

Janie Husband said...

I will say it again....I love it........ The colors are my favorites......starting with the black background, fabulous ..

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin