Monday, February 4, 2013

Pocket Sketching

I love to sketch in my journals and do it quickly to get little quick studies that might even turn into an oil painting. I happened upon a wonderful teacher, Kath Macaulay, and her name caught my eye because our daughter's name is Macaulay spelled the same way. Ours is a family name and maybe we are related to Kath because of the same spelling. 
She has 3 videos and it is an excellent introduction into quick watercolors in your sketch journal using a water soluble pen to make the shadows. Kath is so entertaining and encouraging and I just know she must a really nice person. It's very basic but I enjoyed it very much.





2 comments:

Mary said...

I love your desire to keep learning and growing...I see the growth Marthy!

Sprot said...

The term pocket sketching is trademarked to Kath Macaulay so please cease using that term.

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin