Sunday, October 19, 2008

QUEEN ESTHER



We just finished the book of Ester in church today and as usual, I was doodling in my Bible. I listen much better that way. This is Queen Esther just before she went into the King Ahasuerus' presence to ask him to have mercy on her people, the Jews. This was very risky to come into his presence uninvited. She could have easily been killed. This is what my mind's eye sees that she might have looked like just before she entered the king's palace. She must have been very beautiful---and brave because she said, "...and if I perish, I perish." And as the story goes---she lived-- and her people were saved.

1 comment:

lori vliegen said...

i love this idea of having an illustrated Bible (Esther is one of my all-time favorite stories)!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin