Saturday, October 11, 2008

FACES HOMEWORK--CON'T

Here are two friends---with great stylish hair--being blown in the autumn wind. I have painted a background and I might paint these two friends on the background today. I will post it if I do. I really don't know where these paintings will go. I am not sure if I can put them up for sale because they are similar to Paulette Insall's. I love hers but I don't want to infringe upon her look. Mine would be different but conceptually the same. I am hoping I can come up with a new concept for these faces that is just my own. There are SO many of these little portrait faces all over Etsy. Actually, they are pretty good sellers. I don't know yet. I will just keep painting them for now and see what happens. Paulette Insalls are great. I am thinking that I will letter directly on the canvas or transfer more of my calligraphy in the background. Then it would be different somewhat. I enjoy painting them so I guess it's about the journey and not the journey's end.

3 comments:

lori vliegen said...

love these two gals together...sure wish i had hair like that! i hope that you paint this...

i was also wondering how your fabulous angels would look on the front cover of my journals...maybe a prayer journal?

Martha Lever said...

Let's do it!

Gifts of Creation said...

Dear Martha,
I love the girls you are painting. I looked at Paulette's site and I do believe that you have your own style. Your faces are softer and more girlish and the hair is more flowy. I like all the designs on the background and of course the lettering is distinctively you.
I definitely think you should sell them.
Magdalene

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin