Sunday, July 6, 2008

This is a watercolor that is 11x14.
I drew it out first with non-smearing waterproof black ink (Black Cat Ink) then I watercolored it in. It was a bit intricate and next time I probably pencil it in then add the ink last. Trial and error but I really enjoyed painting this. I guess it was the fact that it was already inked in so it was just a matter of painting it in. I do love watercolor---but I like oils and acrylics too. All are different. Mixed-up media artist for sure. I need to calligraphy something like I sid I was but I guess I have been sidetracked with drawing and painting.
Ok, now for the Artist Approival rating--APR-------..........ummmmmm.....81/2.

2 comments:

lori vliegen said...

you amaze me how you continue to do these great watercolors! i love the colors of the background in this one...really rich.

p.s. love the new look of your blog!!

Prof. Stephanie said...

Hi Martha-
Very nice job with this watercolor. I am excited to see how you are exploring with your colors. Lori is right, the colors are very rich.

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin