Saturday, July 26, 2008

"PEEPING THROUGH THE FENCE"



I have been in the watercolor workshop today and have learned so much from this excellent teacher, Ted Head. Watercolor is the complete opposite from acrylics or oils but I really love watercolor. I am actually working on a landscape in class but this is what I tried out here at the studio. He showed us how to do wood. I could critique it until the cows come home--but I won't. It actually looks pretty good but I will take it into class tomorrow and ask him about some of the leaves and the darks around them. Painting is fun---but the secret is......JUST DO IT!!!

Also....again... I heard this from a painting teacher---IF YOU CAN'T DRAW IT YOU CAN'T PAINT IT!!

So, we must draw----we just must!

No comments:

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin