Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"STILL LIFE"

This is a 16x20 oil painting I finished up last night. I followed Tom Brown's CD instructional book  and this is the result. I love his paintings and the way he paints with such chunky strokes.  His web site is
www.tombrownstudio.com

I really enjoyed painting this because his directions were clear and easy to follow. Who knows what this would be left to my own devices!  But this is a very good way for me to learn about oil painting. I have other instructional books from his CD and I will do more. If you want to learn to oil paint--I would highly suggest to look into his site.

3 comments:

Macaulay White said...

Mama, This stuff is great!

All my favorite things: geraniums, grapes and lemons!

I love the lemons, they look so summery and juicy.

Love you

lori vliegen said...

love, love, love it! you are doing a great job with the oils...nothing like a good challenge, right?! :)

hugs

Anonymous said...

Hi, You are really good. The lemon makes me long for lemonade. I love your goal of creating something every day. Lauren just brought home her works from art class this year at school and I was blown away at how good she is. She's teaching art and music at Christ Church(Methodist) summer camp for little kids this summer. I will share your blog with her. Keep painting and posting them!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin