Thursday, June 12, 2008

"POPPIES"

I actually did this painting several months ago but wanted to post it. It is on a 5 x 5 canvas board and it's acrylic.

I am very excited today. I just learned on YouTube how to make a grid on an image I want to paint and print it with the grids from PhotoShop. Then I will use the transfer the image onto the canvas by using the grid method. That is how I painted the still life for yesterday's post but I will try and post some things that I have painted by the grid method---perhaps...

I will be going to Charleston, SC, for the weekend and I am taking my watercolors and my journal. I am planning to draw some of the wonderful buildings and scenery and watercolor them.  If I am successful...perhaps I will post them when I get home on Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey martha...

those poppies have a nice sense of whimsy to them! love it! can't wait to hear more about the you-tube video that you saw...

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin