Monday, January 12, 2015

Blue Hydrangeas

I had a still life all set up ready to paint when I found this partially painted hydrangea that I started who knows when and decided to finish it. I didn't have a reference so It was rather challenging to paint from memory--especially the glass.

I am not sure what painting this is in the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. I am pretty far behind but any day I paint is a good day. Brush miles!! I need my 10,000 hours.  Any one who as read Malcolm Gladwell's "Outliers" will know what I am talking about.

5 comments:

fran pascazio said...

This is just beautiful as I love Hydrangeas and love your work!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

An hour well spent! It's lovely!

Tracye said...

Beautiful hydrangeas, and Outliers is an excellent book, I'm no where near my 10,000!

Lana Manis said...

Beautiful, Martha! I adore blue hydrangeas!

siddu said...

Thank you for sharing helpful information.
online training

online training
online software training
online business training inistitute
online marketing training institute
online music training
online designing training
online languages training

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin