Tuesday, January 27, 2015

"Believe"

I have been drawing and doodling in my bible for years. I can listen to the sermon and draw. But I have always tried to sit on the end on the row with Chauncey to my left or right so no one will see me.  But now this Journaling Community has given me "permission" to come out in the open and draw, doodle or sketch in my Bible. I think it's great and I am really enjoying thinking about the Scripture that I am featuring. I am thinking that I will try and fill 2 up for my grandchildren as an heirloom for them.  That will take a while!

And here is the painting from yesterday. It's the lighthouse on Sapelo Island near Darien, GA.
Fun to paint.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I am working on 2 for Grandchildren also. I thought that would be something maybe they will share a piece of me with their children even if I am gone. Love your work it is beautiful!

Donna said...

What a great idea to fill your Bible with journaling for your grandkids! That's priceless and a special blessing for them.

The lighthouse painting is very pretty too.

Have a glorious day,
D~~~~

Martha Lever said...

Thank you Donna and Karen!

Lauren S. said...

I have also written and drawn in my Bible for years and am so happy to know there are so many others who have been compelled to do the same!!! I just wish I had your lettering skills!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

What a wonderful idea, to make heirloom bibles with your illustrations! I found out about bible journalling a few moths ago and plan to start on it as well. Your lettering and painting skills are awesome! Are you on Instagram?

Martha Lever said...

Thank you all so much!!

Anonymous said...

This comment is being posted a year later.. it's 2016.. but I am with you, I have been drawing and doing calligraphy (and lettering) in my Bibles for decades... when I first saw some of the Bible journaling, I thought, 'Huh, that's not new!' But then those that are younger than my almost 66 years, to them it IS new.. lol...

Egg Recipes said...

Appreciate yyour blog post

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin