Friday, November 15, 2013

Floral with Eggs


I am an adventurer. 
I don't really like to hike or rough-it in the outdoors or even take long flights into unknown countries.  But I am still an adventurer. But my adventure is with paint, color and textures and what it can do on a canvas. I love using oils but I love acrylics and watercolor too. Acrylics can do what oils cannot do and visa versa. The artist adventurer in me wants to explore all the worlds of paint.
Under this 8x8 acrylic painting is a product that I love called Wood Icing.  It is a molding paste that
dries quickly and adds texture. You can see the texture in the background of this painting.
Of course this painting has a Angus Wilson flair since I am fresh off of taking his wonderful workshop. And the reference photo is from a great little painting DVD by Craig Nelson.

3 comments:

lori vliegen said...

i love, love, love everything about this…. especially all your sweet little touches in the background! perfecto!! xox

julie king said...

i've not been here to visit you in FOREVER but am truly liking the new style of painting you are creating these days. tres wonderful!

Janie Husband said...

Love the new things you are doing ......this is wonderful.....

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin