Saturday, July 3, 2010

Another Technicolor Face






Maybe it's getting easier. I don't think I fussed with her quite as much. I think it actually might be because I used the Golden Open acrylics which stay open/wet longer and workable longer. I actually think that if I paint a face I will always use these open acrylics---or oils. I haven't tried that yet but I will do that soon. This was a girl that I had already drawn since I want to concentrate on the colors rather than the drawing of the face at this point. It's quite an interesting thing... you can have the face drawn right then when you go to paint it's another animal altogether-especially the eyes. I need to work on her nose too. I put her on one of those beveled wood plank things that I got from Hobby Lobby. I love Sharon. I would like to meet her one day.

11 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

Hi Martha,

Aren't you just loving this class?!

Your girl is lovely - as is all your art!

And I agree; Sharon is a lovely person. I think it would be great to spend some time doing art with her - and I'd love to spend some time doing art with you, too!

xoxo

Celeste said...

This is gorgeous. Love all the colours and amazed how they all work together so well on her face. Just stunning.

Janie Husband said...

this is beautiful, martha....i must try the open end acrylics...i have been tempted...and i also love what you are doing in your small journal from lori...

jgr said...

She is beautiful! And I love the beveled wood plank, I need to get one of those.

Sandi said...

She's beautiful Martha, Hugs

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

The faces have a whole new feel to them, it's really something.

studio pashnada said...

she's absolutely gorgeous
love the depth that the "different" colors add

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Hi Martha, I'm trying to catch up a some blog reading. I'm so behind. Just had to say thank you for the teacher love. I wish we could meet and play ART together for real too. All three of your girls are lovely and the colors make me so happy.

Alyice Edrich said...

Martha,

That is so beautiful. You really seemed to capture her spirit. I fell in love with the drawing, just the way it was it called to me. Keep it up!

Buffy said...

Your girl is so beautiful,love her. I agree with you when you start painting a face they change. Sometimes I get afraid to paint a sketch because of that reason but I usually just paint it anyway!Also love the wood that she's on. I'll have to look for some.

Mary said...

oh, oh, oh!! this is wonderful!!!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin