Wednesday, March 10, 2010

More Calligraphy

I am still working on this new chunky book and I am still coming across some snippets of watercolor that just needed some lettering. This one is about 5 x 7 and written with Dr. Martin's Bleedproof and outlines with a tiny micron to make it pop. Of all the art that I do which I feature in Art du Jour, this is really who I am, a calligrapher who is still learning and admiring all the wonderful artists in Blogland who are some of the best calligraphers in the land. Lisa is one such calligrapher as well as Renee. And, Oh, Lisa, thank you for the oh so sweet Sunshine Award. THANK YOU my dear!!! And one more, although she does not mention it much but Lori is one of the best too!

OH and PS... Jane Farr is incredible too!

5 comments:

Diane said...

Martha--this is excellent--and I love the watercolor background. I'm actually going to a D. Blick store next week, and I wanted to get a couple of the copic markers. I know they're not cheap, so what 2 would you recommend--remember when I do the mixed media, I use alot of different elements--so I just need something basic.

Renee Troy said...

Thank you Martha for your praise. Coming from you it is a great compliment because I feel the same about you. You are such an inspiration to me and I love visiting your blog to see everything you do. I'm truly a fan!
Hugs and kisses...

Jane Farr said...

Beautiful lettering Martha! The white on the vibrant background justs pops.

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Martha! This is dreamy! I love your watercolors and your lettering is beautiful... Those are some very talented ladies you mentioned! I admire all of you!...I enjoyed seeing those pictures of your lovely mother...and you are just so sweet with your horse! xo Paulette

lori vliegen said...

this is one of the happiest pieces of calligraphy.....i LOVE IT!!! good ol' doc martin's never looked so fabulous!!! thanks for the linky love....you're the BEST!!! love ya, :)))

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin