Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Somthin' fun...alcohol flowers!

I love to go surfing in blogland for new things. I do believe also that some of the most talented and undiscovered artists are out there! It just blows my mind the creativity of these artists and the willingness to share their talents. I discovered this technique that was really fun. And because I have some of these Adirondack Alcohol inks and I am ashamed to say I have never used them because I ---just didn't. I made several sheets of these because you kinda have to play around with it because the blender does some funky things with the ink. So if you have some alcohol inks that you didn't use, or even if you did---try this!

12 comments:

Art by Darla Kay said...

This is wonderful Martha! Thanks for the link too :)
I think with these soft flowers and your beautiful lettering, there is magic about to happen♥

angela recada said...

Beautiful! I love the way the ink looks. Thanks for the link!

Lisa Holtzman said...

Love love love this! I've gotta check out this technique. Your style, so charming. Oh, I bought copics last weekend because of your obsession but haven't tried them yet : )

Gina Lee Kim said...

Love it! I've never tried alcohol inks but I wonder if you can paint with wine?

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

You are amazing! This posy painting is beautiful. I am just learning all kinds of new art techniques on your blog. Lovin it!

Lee Ann

Sue K said...

Hey Gina....good idea!! I would rather drink it myself!! Lovin' your new stuff Martha...it is really nice. I dont' have the alcohol inks...and think I'd better be good and take a break from shopping for awhile....:=(

Beedeebabee said...

This is so pretty Martha!

sherry carrigan said...

This is great Martha. Thanks for sharing.

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Lovin' the colors. I admit I've never heard of alcohol paints. You do so much and try so many new things!!

lori vliegen said...

you always find the coolest new techniques!! these pansies are fabulous!! :))

Julie Bagamary said...

I like these.

Renee Troy said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing the link.
xxoo

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin