Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone!

Here, above, is the painting that I started with.
This (above) is straight from the website making the aged photograph. Pretty cool, huh!!? And actually that's all you get from the website. Below is what I did in Photoshop.
Here is the piece that I ended up with. I sent it through this website. It's all in Japanese so you just have to guess what the buttons say! Well, actually I think "choose file" might be in English but the rest is in Japanese. Then I added some color with the brushes on the overlay setting in Photoshop and added my calligraphy of Psalm 100 with about 50% opacity. Then I used the overlay brush setting again to color in the Poppies because the aged photograph is more black and white-ish as you can see. I didn't plan to make this actually --it was just one of those serendipity things. I love those magical serendipitous things!
Baby Marc is coming into town today so Nannie (that's me) is VERY EXCITED... and so very blessed....

9 comments:

Mary said...

Good morning Marthy, how great did this come out!!! That's not a question!! lol I have to tell ya, I look forward everyday to seeing what new thing you have created or discovered!!

I know for a fact you are excited about Baby Marc arriving!! Little Sean will be here tomorrow, he is walking, it is so cute to see this little person discover life. I also need to remove a few things within his reach!!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!!

Love and hugs,
Mary(Mina), that my grandma name!!

Vicki Holdwick said...

Hi Martha,

I so love what you are doing these days.

My three grandgirls (I know it is not a word, but it is MY word) will be here for dinner tomorrow. They call me Nana, but the hubster gets them to call me Nana Banana, and they love it. They remind me that I am only teased because I am so loved.

xoxo

Teresa aka Tess said...

This is totally awesome and definitely shop worthy. You did some wonderful stuff to this with Photo Shop. I love it. You are so very creative. Have fun with baby Marc.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Cheryl Gebhart said...

Beautiful Martha - both the original and what you ended up with. And happy thanksgiving to you!

Shirley said...

Wow, Martha! This is just absolutely beautiful!! What a neat discovery..the painting is gorgeous and the lettering just adds that extra oomph! Wonderful.

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

That is cool! Oh how I hope someday I can purchase Photoshop.

Martha, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy making new memories as Mina! Mine grandchildren will be here tomorrow from PA and I'm so excited to kiss and love on them.

Lee Ann

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Beautiful, Martha! I love it!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!

Sandi said...

Love what you did with the poppie Martha, Have a Blessed day with your family. Sandi

Fannie said...

I enjoy using the aged photo website, too. Your words are wonderful.

I'm grateful for your friendship. Happy Thanksgiving.

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin