Friday, March 27, 2015

Elegant Writer Tulips

One thing that I always strive to do when I draw is to start with a pen and just go for it. Yes, some lines will be wonky and some will be off but I just try and go with it.   It makes for a freer, looser drawing. I used an Elegant Writer calligraphy marker to draw the lines then dampen the lines with water. It makes a wonderful blackish, pinkish color. Very fun to do!


Tune in tomorrow because I will be featured as the Spotlight Artist for the Documented Life Project!
So excited about that!!!

3 comments:

Barbara Lilian in France said...

Really like the way you used an ink pen to draw your tulips, then water to soften the edges, a lovely picture.

Martha Lever said...

Thank you Barbara!

fran pascazio said...

Like your tulips and your bravery for jumping in with a pen to draw out your vase of flowers…..so happy that you are the spotlight artist for Documented Life tomorrow - I will tune in!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin