Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Bucky in Tuscany

Bucky surely likes to pose and I also think he likes the smell of oil paint.
This is a painting I have been working on for several days which turned out harder than I realized. After too much fiddle-faddle I just stopped before it turned into Lego Tuscany. :)) It's probably one of those where I should have stopped a couple of days ago because this one is not loose. Although I have been painting with oils for over a year now I do still feel that I am a newbie especially with landscapes where perspective and buildings are involved.
 Here is the final painting.



44 Days 'till Angus Wilson!
I am really looking forward to his workshop here in Jacksonville. I adore his whimsical way of painting--and I am ready for a little whimsical.

4 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Martha - what a beautiful painting of such a gorgeous spot. Bucky seems to be enjoying being a part of this post. Take care and have a wonderful day.

Say It In Color said...

Hi Martha....I DO love your loose paintings and this landscape reminds me of my life as a child in Spain in the fifties....love it!! Also, I have a question, if you even know it or close to it. The yellow color on ?your? house with the red porch!! We are going to paint out cottage style house yellow and am looking at "Compatible Cream" by Sherwin Williams....but sure like your yellow!! I hate to ask people this question, but yellow has been a challenge!! Do you know the color of it?

fran pascazio said...

Martha, I hope Bucky had a great time in that beautiful village in Tuscany! You're much to critical of your art...this is beautiful and it is so far from a Lego village!!! I love your art, you know that and I appreciate the struggle you have with oils....but you persevere! I struggle with watercolors...but, as you are an inspiration for me, I persevere! Some days are better than others. But the journey is wonderful!!!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

NICE works....The dog is so cute!!!!!!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin