Friday, August 30, 2013

Hey Y'all!!

Well, I guess summer is about over and it's been a busy one but it looks like my September is going to be even busier. But I have been painting or at least trying to. My new endeavor is to paint some children--facing the other way or partial face. Even the partial face is a challenge.
 This is little sweet Gabe from my church.  I ask him to turn around so I could take his picture and I do think he thought that was a little strange. But like the sweet kid that he is he turned around and the sun caught him right in the eyes as I caught his picture. We were all at a beach party for our pastor's 60th birthday celebration.


Maybe I will give this to his sweet mother. It's just practice so---and there are many miles of brushstrokes to go before I am feeling comfortable with the oil paint. It's getting better though.

7 comments:

Lisa Graham said...

Very sweet piece Martha!

La Table De Nana said...

Personally I love it and the mom would be thrilled I am sure!

lori vliegen said...

i love, love, love your new painting! my goodness.....your colors are so vibrant, and your brushstrokes really capture the sweetness of your little friend. bravo, paint girl!! xox
p.s. great to see you in blogland!!

Deanna said...

Yay! you're back! I miss your daily posts. Love your new painting.

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

It is great to have you back!!! Love your painting:)

Janie Husband said...

It is just beautiful, Martha.....nice to see you again

Wildflowerhouse said...

This is a treasure. Your work is beautiful.

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin