I tried something new on Mr. Faith Bird. I had seen a video that I bought several years ago about using masking fluid to mask off areas on watercolor paintings. I decided to mask off the bird and paint the background. All went very well until it was time to rub off the making. I think my masking fluid was very old so it didn't come off very easily. Never the less I think I saved him although next time I will stick to my original way of painting. The original way is painting the bird first then adding the leaves and background or just adding a light background first and painting the bird next. I still like him though.