Monday, June 6, 2011

Faith Bird

I tried something new on Mr. Faith Bird. I had seen a video that I bought several years ago about using masking fluid to mask off areas on watercolor paintings. I decided to mask off the bird and paint the background. All went very well until it was time to rub off the making. I think my masking fluid was very old so it didn't come off very easily. Never the less I think I saved him although  next time I will stick to my original way of painting. The original way is painting the bird first then adding the leaves and background or just adding a light background first and painting the bird next. I still like him though.

16 comments:

Joy said...

Martha 'Faith bird' is wonderful, I love all of your birds aand flowers too! xx

Lesley Edmonds said...

Really stunning Martha! Gorgeous background too!
x

Lynn said...

He looks beautiful Martha, the entire piece is beautiful. I with defiantly take a bird class if you decide on one. Having a lot of fun with the flowers :) Love the poppies in your header.

Mary said...

looks to me like it worked just fine.
he's beautiful!

Janie Husband said...

awesome whatever technique you used... bird class???

Linda said...

It's a very beautifull bird! I like it!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

He looks great and love your doodles below too!

Renee Troy said...

Without your mention of the masking task challenge, it looks wonderful. I even like that it has a vintage-y feel to it. You did a wonderful job here.

Kelly said...

He's lovely Martha. Did you fix the bird, because I don't see any masking issues with him? He's really cute and I love your background!

Kelly Warren said...

He's beautiful Martha! That background really sets him off well.

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Martha,
Not sure what you're talking about~This piece looks fabulous!
Love the bird, background and the mixed media involved.
Creative hugs,
Anna

Createology said...

Faith Bird is just spectacular. Your backgrounds are super interesting. I would never have known how you created this...I just know it is beautiful.

Nancy said...

Martha, any technique you use ends up beautifully...

Hugs and blessings

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

I love birdies and your little Faith bird is so sweet! Love your style.
I just finished a little birdie painting too and posted it on my blog today.

Pennyb said...

I'm sooooo glad I found you!! You Art is just what I love to do and look at. Thank you, Penny B

Anthonyysus said...

He looks great and love your doodles below too!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin